The Allen's Online Blog

Phillip and Jennifer are currently living in Taiwan for a year! Jennifer is working for an international school teaching first grade (yes, this is new!). Phillip will be working on his education and taking good care of his wife..... page down to the bottom of this page to view past posts! Thanks for visiting www.phillipedwardallen.com

Friday, November 16, 2007

 

Next Stop, Broadway!

I was waiting in line in the cafeteria when the fourth grade teacher approached me and asked if I danced. I told her that I had taken lessons when I was little. She then asked if I would choreograph the Christmas musical. Needless to say, I was a bit surprised. I reiterated the fact that I hadn't danced in a long time, but she responded with the fact that she's never taken dance lessons and she's been doing the school choreography for the last few years. Finally, I acquiesced to her request. "I knew you looked like a dancer," was her satisfied response.
Apparently, Taiwan can make you a lot of things you're not: a choreographer, a biker chic, a first grade teacher. I feel like I'm living in a world of make-believe where every step is not my own. This attitude, however, does make me feel more confident. After all, if something goes wrong, it's just a glitch with the role. I really think I would be willing to try just about anything, at least, while I'm living in a foreign country.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2007   September 2007   November 2007   December 2007   January 2008   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]